A good recipe for getting to know your air fryer.
- 1/3 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp sweet relish or more, if you're keen on it
- 2 tilapia filets or other whitefish in a hoagie shape
- 1 c panko
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 long buns hoagie, brat, etc.
- 4 romaine leaves
- 2 beefsteak tomato slices
Preheat air fryer on 400º for 5 minutes.
Mix panko and spices together on a plate or other dredging vessel. Whisk egg in a small bowl.
Coat a piece of fish with the egg, and dredge in the panko mix. Place in the fryer for 7 minutes, flip and cook for another 5. Repeat with the second piece. Put the first piece back in with the second for another 5 minutes, checking frequently for good color.
Assemble buns, tartar sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, fish. Serve!